RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, Calif., June 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Toastmasters announced an impressive lineup of speakers for its 2016 International Convention, to be held at the Marriott Marquis Washington, D.C., Aug. 17-20. Ten dynamic speakers will share their insights and expertise on a variety of topics. Attendance at this annual event is expected to exceed 2,200 members from around the world.
"We're pleased to present speakers who will offer their unique perspectives into the importance of leadership and communication and how this relates to achieving personal and professional success," says Jim Kokocki, Toastmasters 2015-16 International President. "These world class speakers will create an engaging and inspiring experience for our audience."
Ed Tate will deliver the keynote presentation during the Opening Ceremonies on Wednesday, Aug. 17. Tate is a successful trainer, author and executive known as "the speaker who energizes, educates and entertains." His Fortune 500 clients include Hallmark Cards, Johnson & Johnson and the Project Management Institute. He understands and has experienced firsthand that strong leadership is critical during times of change and chaos.
Mind Mapping creator and memory expert Tony Buzan is the recipient of Toastmasters' 2016 Golden Gavel award. The prestigious award is presented annually to an individual distinguished in the fields of communication and leadership. Buzan joins an illustrious list of past Golden Gavel honorees that includes Muhammad Yunus, Walter Cronkite, Anthony Robbins, Zig Ziglar and Robin Sharma.
Other expert presenters:
- Anne Barab is a Toastmasters Accredited Speaker and personal excellence expert who helps people learn how positive or negative beliefs affect their personal and professional success. Barab will present I Had a Life Plan but the Magnet Fell off the Fridge, where she will teach attendees three easy steps to retrain their brains to think positively.
- Michael Notaro is a Toastmasters Past International President, as well as an attorney, entrepreneur and educator. He will lead The Benefits of Service Leadership, an interactive panel of Toastmasters Past International Presidents and International Directors who will discuss how international leadership has changed their lives.
- Rochelle Rice is a Toastmasters Accredited Speaker and nationally recognized speaker, author and educator with a passion for empowering lives through movement. A former professional jazz dancer, Rice is the author of Real Fitness for Real Women and Size Sensitivity Training, Programs and Environments. Rice will lead How to Become an Accredited Speaker with co-presenter Sheryl Roush.
- Sheryl Roush is a Toastmasters Accredited Speaker and the CEO of Sparkle Presentations, Inc. She has presented more than 3,500 keynotes and seminars globally. Her book Heart of a Toastmaster, was named Best Anthology by the International Book Awards upon release in 2014. Roush will lead How to Become an Accredited Speaker with co-presenter Rochelle Rice.
- Kelly Swanson is an award-winning storyteller, motivational speaker, comedian and author. She will present You. Your Story. Make an Impact. Master the Art of Connection and Engagement through the Power of Story, where she will share her journey and explain how the power of story can help speakers engage with their audience on a deeper level.
- Manoj Vasudevan is a leadership coach and management consultant with more than two decades of experience working with major multinational companies in Asia, Australia, North America and Europe. He will present Are you ready to lead? Leadership Lessons from the Mousetrap, an education session dedicated to helping attendees develop and enhance their leadership skills.
- John Zimmer is an international speaker, trainer and lawyer. He has worked at a major Canadian law firm, the United Nations and the World Health Organization, and is now a full-time professional speaker. Zimmer will present Improv(e) your life!, where he will teach attendees about the principles of improv and how to apply them to their daily life.
To learn more about Toastmasters' 2016 International Convention, Aug. 17-20, and obtain a complete schedule of events, including the Opening Ceremonies, Education Sessions and the Toastmasters World Championship of Public Speaking, visit http://www.toastmasters.org/Events/2016-International-Convention. The public is welcome to attend.
About Toastmasters International
Toastmasters International is a worldwide nonprofit educational organization that empowers individuals to become more effective communicators and leaders. Headquartered in Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif., the organization's membership exceeds 332,000 in more than 15,400 clubs in 135 countries. Since 1924, Toastmasters International has helped people from diverse backgrounds become more confident speakers, communicators and leaders. For information about local Toastmasters clubs, please visit www.toastmasters.org. Follow @Toastmasters on Twitter.
SOURCE Toastmasters International
Public Relations Strategist