News, company info and media resources
Dennis Olson | firstname.lastname@example.org | +1 720-679-0446
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., March 12, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Whether it's wearing green, eating corned beef and cabbage or drinking green beverages, people around the world celebrate the Irish heritage on March 17 each year. Along with these well-known traditions, giving a toast full of Irish wisdom is a fun and memorable way to celebrate the holiday.
Toastmasters International has selected the 10 Irish toasts below as its choices for raising a glass to celebrate this St. Patrick's Day:
- "May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more. And nothing but happiness come through your door."
- "To all the days here and after, may they be filled with fond memories, happiness and laughter."
- "May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future."
- "Always remember to forget the things that made you sad. But never forget to remember the things that made you glad."
- "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the devil knows you're dead."
- "Dance as if no one were watching, sing as if no one were listening, and live every day as if it were your last."
- "May your heart be light and happy, may your smile be big and wide. And may your pockets always have a coin or two inside."
- "For each petal on the shamrock this brings a wish your way. Good health, good luck, and happiness for today and every day."
- "May we all be alive at this same time next year."
- "May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live."
"Whether you're Irish, or wish you were Irish on this special day, St. Patrick's Day is a terrific occasion for celebrating with friends and family each year," says Toastmasters Past International President Ted Corcoran, from Dublin, Ireland. "Giving one of these toasts will help to spread the Irish cheer."
For tips on how to make your words count when delivering a toast, visit the Toastmaster magazine article Mastering the Toast, written by speaker coach Simon Bucknall. To practice your toasts or speeches, find a Toastmasters club near you by visiting www.toastmasters.org/findaclub.
About Toastmasters International
Toastmasters International is a worldwide nonprofit educational organization that empowers individuals to become more effective communicators and leaders. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., United States, the organization's membership exceeds 357,000 in more than 16,600 clubs in 143 countries. Since 1924, Toastmasters International has helped people from diverse backgrounds become more confident speakers, communicators and leaders. For information about local Toastmasters clubs, please visit www.toastmasters.org. Follow @Toastmasters on Twitter.
SOURCE Toastmasters International
Senior Public Relations Strategist